Pages

Wednesday, February 17

Take me back to...

Golgotha

The Mount of Beatitudes

The Jordan River

The EMPTY tomb


The Garden of Gethsemane

The Sea of Galilee

To this day, I still cannot believe that I have actually been to these places.  I have walked where Jesus walked.  I have read his word in the exact place that he gave his famous sermon.  I touched the water where he was baptized and the water where he walked on it.  I have prayed in the garden that he prayed in.  I am so unbelieveably grateful for that amazing opportunity.  God blessed me so much, just in that 12 day trip to Israel during my semester abroad.  I will never, never, never forget that trip.  I am so thankful that the Bible has come to life in the past two years.  On top of that, I am so happy that Devin and I have this in common.  Even though we went 2 different semesters, we know how it feels to be there.  And how easy it is to get attached to the people and places.  And how a part of your heart is left behind there when you have to leave...Take me back. 

5 comments:

Devin said...

i want to go back too. that is something that i will never forget and that i will always want to go back to!!!

Kim said...

You could come with me next semester! (=
Kim H

Abbie said...

Cool pictures! That's so fun that you blog! I would love to go to all those places! Maybe someday... :) Glad you like the Luke pics. He's a crazy boy. He drew a picture of Hook em Horns the other day and I thought of you. :) Hope you are having a good semester!

lacey jane said...

Israel was the most amazing trip ever, I'm so glad we were there together LC. I love you and I can't even describe some of the things I learned and felt over there, and I know you know what that's like. Take me back too!

danielle said...

i stumbled upon ur blog from facebook & it was fitting for my mood. i loved this post & i needed 2 b reminded of those places, that trip, that time in life & how real things felt then. i love you IV!!!!