Pages

Sunday, September 6

listening

In the last year or so, I have had random thoughts (or what seem like random thoughts) about mission work pop into my head. Specifically, Africa. Why? I'm not sure. Missionary work is not something that would be naturally to my life style or personality so when it comes to mind, I'm a little shocked.

But I feel that I'm just not doing enough. I'm just going through the motions of life. I think about all the people that I have shared the good news with or brought to Christ by my words or actions... a big fat zero. My whole purpose on this earth is to show others the grace and salvation with receive from God and I'm just not "finding time" here in the U.S. So I want to get away.

So Tuesday night, I was running. Sometimes when I run, I pray. And while I was praying, mission work came to mind again. So I was like, "Ok God, talk to me. Give me a sign."

Wednesday's Chapel was about mission work. No joke.

Thursday's chapel was about listening when God is tugging on your heart about something.
prayer answered.

I'm still not committed because lets face it, I'm terrified about the thought of living somewhere else. I mean Greece was great, but I was also pretty much pampered for 3 months while I was there.

So this is what I need. If anyone reading this post knows of any great programs or missionaries, please let me know. I would love to get lots of information so I can find what I am searching for.

God bless always

3 comments:

Jenn said...

My cousins, Bobby and Candice Garner are in Jinja and they love it. Here is their blog http://bobandcan.wordpress.com/
You could always go over on a survey trip and see if it is something that you would like to do. Go talk to Monte Cox in the missions dept...he is great! Sometimes you never know what you like until you just jump in and try! :)

Megs said...

hey boo. stace is a missionary right now with AIM. you take mission classes for a year then you are on the field for a year or longer. i can tell her to give you some info. b/c i think thats amazing you are thinking about it.

Patrick Hawkins said...

Don't ignore that!