Pages

Monday, January 5

give it up

new year resolution:
NO CHOCOLATE

OR CARBONATED DRINKS


for ALL of 2009.
Kelcy and I decided we needed this challenge for the new year. We picked these specific things because she has a chocolate addiction and I have a coke addiction, both of which aren't good for you. It's going to be tough...but i'll totally do it.
This holiday break has been absolutely wonderful...
spent time with family-rocked out on the wii-had a mini reunion with old friends-flew to Denver and had a great time with Devin and his family-shopping-88 degree weather...and below freezing weather-lots of good movies-got locked out of a car and spent 2 hours trying to roll the window down with a coat hanger...and it was lots of fun!-TEXAS won!
Recently, I have been filled with more and more Greece memories. I'm guessing probably because it has almost been a year since I left, which just seems impossible. My heart still misses that place so, so much. I want to be there, I want to travel and explore, I want to be surrounded by those 43 people, I want to experience that one more time...
for now, I will be happy with the memories.
but deep down, I know I will go back someday. whether its 5 years from now or when I'm 80 years old, I will go back. And it will be amazing.
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

2 comments:

Shana said...

Oh my goodness. You girls are good. no chocolate and no cokes would be hard for me. :)

Harding looked so pretty with all of those lights! And the Sonic trip was hilarious! Weren't you getting close to curfew? lol!

Anonymous said...

I miss you already! I had a wonderful time these past 3 weeks! I know you will have a great semester. Take one day at a time! I love you!!!