Pages

Wednesday, October 22

i am loved.

I LOVE surprises. But I am hard to surprise. I don't really know why this is, but somehow, someway, I either find out about it or predict the surprise.

At the devo at our club meeting the other night, Caitlin mentioned being women of faith. Trusting in God about all the uncertainties of the future and letting go of all our worries. Well naturally, I started thinking about the fact that I have no idea what I want to do with my life (still) and that I will not be married by the time I am 21, which had been my "plan" since like..birth. I mean, I'm a Junior, almost Senior...my time here is running out and there is such a push to find that "one" person while I am here. I can't remember exactly what Caitlin said at this point but something clicked in my head.

The creator of the universe, the true love of my life, is planning MY surprise. It won't be a coincedence or some female intervention setup. He has had me in his mind since before I was born (Psalm 139:16) and He has been loving me and planning my surprises for so long. He has waited and waited patiently because He cares so much for me and would only do it at the perfect time. And when I do finally meet that guy that He has picked out for me, it will be so, so sweet because I know that God is smiling even more than I am.

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been GOOD to me. Psalm 13:5-6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has so much more wisdom than we can even imagine. He has the perfect plan for you! "Those that wait upon the Lord..."

I love you! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

you are loved. very much. by God, yes, but also by your friends. (esp me).

your faith is encouraging and inspiring.

Shana said...

Yes you are loved!!!!! I did not want a boyfriend and I found Troy my first week at Harding! It is amazing how God works! My roommate also was planning on a marriage by 21 and she did not find her perfect mate until a few years later. He is AMAZING! It all works out in HIS timing and God is waiting on the perfect mate to match you up with!