Pages

Friday, August 15

Quotes I liked from the book Wild at Heart

"Beauty is not only a terrible thing, it is also a mysterious thing. There God and the Devil strive for mastery, and the battleground is the heart of men."
--Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"What are you trying to teach me here?
What issues in my heart are you trying to raise through this?
What is it you want me to see?
What are you asking me to let go of?"

"A man's addictions are the result of his refusing his strength."

"The deepest desire of our hearts is for union with God. God created us for union with himself: This is the original purpose of our lives."
--Brennan Manning

So I just finished Wild at Heart by John Eldredge.
It is actually a book written for boys and men, a book that "discovers the secret of a man's soul." But I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I don't want to say to much because I would rather you actually read the book.

No comments: