Pages

Saturday, July 26

The City of Romance - PARIS day one

April 26-28
After a long night of many trains and stories and singing, we arrive in Paris in the early morning. We ran into another free travel group at the train station which was really exciting. I think we all needed the fresh faces and encouragement.
The beautiful park that was in the middle of the street in front of our hostel.
We spent a few hours out in the park because we couldn't check into our hostel until 2. Apparently, Saturday in Paris is father/daughter day because there were so many dads out with their children. It was too cute! Here is a precious father and daughter moment
She was waving back at her dad.
Our night free city tour started here at the Moulin Rouge. Seriously, if you ever go to Europe, check and see if the city has a free city tour. There are so great! The tour guides are in their 20's, very knowledgable about the city, and usually have a background in comedy or drama. They are around 3 hours and you see way more than you could have seen on your own, plus you find out lots of history about the places you go. The only thing you pay is a tip if you feel the guide deserves it. All of our guides did so I tipped them, and it was still a lot cheaper than paying for a private guide. So basically I'm a fan.
Picasso painted here for food.
beautiful church overlooking Paris
Just a little bit of Paris
This is where I saw the Eiffel tower for the first time!! I am holding it in my hand.
The wall of love...it says I love you in every known language.
The tour ended here.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Unbelieveable pictures, Lauren! I am sure that you are having withdrawals. Everyone that I have ever known that has been to HUG or HUF gets so sentimental when talking about it. Sorry I missed you at church Sunday. I was going to try to catch you but I ended up chasing Lexi instead. :)