Pages

Tuesday, April 15

Ten Things Tuesday

I'm thankful for:

1. Girls Tea time. Tonight was our last tea time in Dimy's room. It was incredibly hard to think about the fact that we'll never get those moments back again. Those devotionals have been the highlight of my week. Sharing struggles and lifting each other up made our group so close and it will be difficult to let that go.

2. Spontaneous moments. Lacey, Alana, and I were discussing how everyone had exciting things going on today (a couple got engaged, Bobby got beaued, etc) so we decided to run and jump in the pool...in our clothes. It was absolutely freezing but completely worth it...I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

3. the friends I've made here. Today was the beginning of goodbyes...Kyle, Austin, Lucas, Tommy, Sneaks, and Matt all left to fly out of Athens and we did the traditional HUG send off. I'm gonna miss those guys

4. Avery. I love the fact that he can show how much he cares without being overprotective or annoying. I'm so glad that we have had the chance through college to become such good friends...if you would have told me this would happen 10 years ago, I would have laughed in your face.

5. Lacey Jane. She is such a great friend and I love how even though she is the youngest, she is by far the wisest and most knowledgable. (And Lacey, you should know that when I give you my random health facts, its only because I love you:) lol

6. Facebook. Even though I spend way too much time on it, it is one of the best ways to keep up with friends that I've made all over the world. And who doesn't love getting messages?>

7. Shipping luggage. I'm so glad that I don't have to lug around 50 lb suitcases on free travel!

8. Jake's hand is okay. I know the sweet boy has to be crushed about it, but I'm so glad its not as bad as it could have been. He is a very special best friend and I hate to see him hurt, but I know he is in good hands.

9. Volleyball. A sport that I LOVE and could play all day, everyday. Its so exciting and exhilarating and I couldn't imagine my life without it.

10. Cruises are just plain awesome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got to admit, I would have laughed too. And it's all thanks to HU!

Anonymous said...

you're amazing. I appreciate it, even though I really don't think I'm the wisest at all. You girls have all encouraged me so much this semest. I thank God every day that you and I have become so close this semest. There were so many times when I was unbelievably stressed and sick and you were there for me. I love your health facts, and the ways you're always trying to help me be better. If my blog worked and I had a ten things tuesday, you'd definitely be on there! I don't want to leave, but I'm so glad we've experienced this together, and that's a bond we'll cherish forever. I love you so much LC!!

Shana said...

Awesome list, Lauren! I saw Jake's hand on Friday. Ouch! I am bummed for him, too!

Sounds like fun jumping in the cold water! What a memory! I remember jumping in the cold water at the infamous Harding fountain in front of the Benson. Some Kojie friends thought it would be fun to lead me there blindfolded. Ohhhh the memories!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you chose Harding for soooooo many reasons!!! Just think of what all you would have missed! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I want you to know how much I appreciate you loving my daughter, Alana, these past few months and making her feel so welcome. This journey you guys have been taking is such a wonderful experience and I am so glad that she was able to spend it with girls like you. I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you through it. Alana is looking forward to your "suite" days next school year. Please pass on my thanks to the other girls who do not have blogs for me to write on. You will all be in my prayers and you being the next part of your adventure. I look forward to meeting you soon. Jamie Smith