Today is the day friends! The day to leave my home here in Porto Rafti, to leave the Artemis and sweet Vicky, to leave our group that I've gotten so close to. Goodbyes have been hard the last few days but not as hard as today because its my turn to leave. I have made SO many memories here and so many new friends. Its really hard to think that I'll never be back here again.
We are flying out of Athens around 4:30 am to Amsterdam, and thats when free travel begins. I am so excited about all the amazing places I will go over the next two weeks. Planning this has been quite stressful but our group is constantly reminding each other of our motto, "We don't HAVE to be anywhere at any time, nothing is set in stone." (except for the plane ride home on May 2nd). Of course, we are all a little nervous but there is absolutely no reason to be scared or worried. I know that wherever I go, God will be right there with me, guiding my steps and protecting me. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Back in February, when we were snowed in, I could not stop thinking about the helpless, shivering, sweet dogs huddled up by the front doors of the Artemis. This was SO hard for me. Then Lacey reminded me that they were in Gods hands and he was taking care of them. I mean, if he will feed the birds and take care of the dogs, then I know he will take care of me.
This is my last time to blog til I reach home so I just want to say thank you so much for reading my blog. It really is an honor and I can't say thanks enough! Thank you for the sweet and encouraging comments as well!! I love you all and can't wait to see you!
God bless you, Go with God
2 comments:
I can't believe we're leaving in like 6 hours! Wow! I don't know what to expect, but that is what is exciting! I know that no matter what, we can get through it together! Thank you for being such a good friend! You've seen me through a lot this semester and I'm glad we got to go on this journey together!
Our prayers are with you, Lauren. Enjoy this awesome opportunity that so many of us will NEVER get to experience. I will have that case of Diet DP waiting on you!
Post a Comment