Questions are apart of life.
Questions like:
What will I do with my life?
Will I ever get married?
Will I ever have kids?
Will I ever be a good parent?
Will I ever be the Christian I want to be?
(I could go on and on)
The point is, we all have questions.
But who do we question?
Ok, so in chapel today, Dr. Hopper said that questioning in general is quite normal. In fact, Jesus did it on the cross (My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?). However, a lot of times, when we question, we tend to question others like our friends and family...when actually we should question God. Read Psalms 13 - in this chapter, the writer questions God over and over, yet in the very same passage, says he will "trust in God's unfailing love.
I realize this was pretty much random...I'm not very good at expressing my thoughts like some people (cough...ashton...cough). But Dr. Hopper's lesson in chapel really touched me and I'm hoping I at least got the idea across.
I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 6 am to head to the Greek island of Zante. Its our first time to travel on our own so I'm a little nervous. Pray for safety for us, as well as other HUGgers going to their destinations. God bless!
5 comments:
LC. don't be nervous, we're gonna have a blast, and jake has every detail planned out so don't worry about that. it's gonna be a blast! and you're awesome at expressing yourself, i love being around you and talking to you AND reading your blogs too! and you rock at vball. yeah.
<3 Lacey
It is so awesome seeing such maturity coming from you!! I am not, however, surprised!!! I love hearing your thoughts--no matter how random. I am so glad you are there--but I do miss you terribly.
BTW...Daddy is preaching again Sunday.
You express yourself just fine. It is ok to question, I do it all the time ;o) and I answer myself (I know that IS SCARY)...like... He has a purpose for me and that is what is best. He has a purpose for you and he is preparing you for your special guy and preparing you for him. Have Faith! Your in my prayers, sure you will have an awesome time, makin memories and exploring...ttyl
Zante sounds great, except they spell it wrong....I thought Greek towns started with an "X". I loved your random thoughts...they are beautiful from a beautiful young woman. Xan
How awesome that you get to travel on your own! My sister in law said that was her favorite part.
I still question myself constantly and I love Dr. Hopper's comments. Oh how I miss him!
Easton is sitting right beside me and he says that he misses you. Enjoy your travels and be sure to post lots of pics! Love ya!
Post a Comment