See if you can guess...
Where I'm going,
you can't drink the water,
or brush your teeth with the water,
or open your mouth in the shower,
or eat salad that has been rinsed with the water,
or have ice in your drink made from the water.
Where I'm going,
they use their own currency (not euros),
they are very open about their flirtations,
they require a skirt when entering a mosque,
and they have one resource that they couldn't live without.
Can you guess?
We leave tomorrow around 11 and I haven't even packed yet! However, I'm not too worried since I don't have that many clothes to choose from...I mean, I came over here with 2 suitcases!! I should get an award or something! Things are just wonderful here! I have fallen in love with gyros, a greek food that is pretty much amazing. There is a little place called Tony's, where lots of people are already on a one name basis with the cook. They have the best gyros (and they are cheap too!). They even have pictures with old HUGgers on the walls in the restuarant.
Well I should probably go because I have a greek test in 45 minutes! ahhh! I've enjoyed the class so far because I'm starting to read signs around town (even though I still don't know what the word means). We even sang a song in greek last night at church (I've got joy down in my heart).
love you and miss you!
7 comments:
I am so incredibly excited and anxious for you! Please be safe. You know you are in our prayers daily. I love you! Please call or send me an email when you return. Take awesome pictures!!!
picture the nile full of blood, or frogs everywhere, or .....an awesome experience....can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics!
Hey Princess! You have fun in Egypt, and BE SAFE!! I want you coming back In one piece, k? lol I miss txting with you 24/7 but hey, Im savin money on my phone bill and every day I think to myself "Just 3 more months!!" lol My moms enjoying your blog and her students are too. I told her to leave a comment but I dont think she can figure it out. haha k, Iv gone on waay too long. MISS YOU!!
-Kitty
Hey I wanna be on ur Friends deal! .....So how do i do that? lol I dont have a clue how to work this thing.
BAH!!! I miss you a TON. HAVE FUN IN EGYPT!! I would like a detailed blog about all of Egypt when you return! Love you!
Lauren! I miss you! I'm praying for y'all. II hope you are taking crazy pictures with some fun Egyptians! Love and miss you so so much!
Hi Lauren
Reading your blog brings back such wonderful memories of our Harding experience. Troy and I were supposed to go to HUF, but we decided to get hitched instead. We regret not going because we knew that it would be a once in lifetime experience. I am so happy for you and I hope that you have the time of your life! My sister in law went and she still can't talk about her experience without crying. She wants to go back all of the time to visit, but knows that it would be a little difficult with 3 kids. We love you, girl! We miss seeing your sweet smiling face at church, but we are so happy that you are getting this experience! Easton says that he misses you. He has been viewing your pictures. Keep us updated! Hugs, Shana
Post a Comment