Tuesday Jan. 15th
6:15 - leave house for airport
9:00 - arrive at airport, 3 hrs early just like they said to...
12:05 - finally board the plane...there were 8 of us in the group that left from dfw so we got to know each other during those 3 hours of waiting. Its a fun bunch!
3:43 - arrive in Detroit (detroit time). At some point, this is when they lost one of my suitcases.
6ish - head out for Amsterdam...looooonggg time on an airplane. I just wished that the person to my left wore deoderant. The girl to my right was headed to her own study abroad in London. She goes to school in SC and she was flying by herself all the way!! brave girl!
2 something central time, 7 something amsterdam time: arrive in amsterdam and walk on ground NOt claimed by the US for the first time. then...more waiting
9:55 am - leave for final destination.
2 something - arrive and nervously wait for baggage...which only half of it showed up...so i had to go talk to the air people. HOPEFULLY, they will find it. I'm praying and praying they do.
I haven't slept since monday night and i'm pretty surprised at how "awake" I am. Probably just from all the excitement and nerves. We walked to the beach as a group (its about a mile from campus) and it was beautiful!!!! (pictures to come later...if i get my suitcase back). Everything is so different here but in a good way! It will be lots and lots of learning but i'm ready for it!! Class starts tomorrow so I should probably get some much needed rest!!! love to all!
5 comments:
Hi Lauren,
So excited for you & this experience. This will probably be as close as I get to Greece and the Holy Lands....I want to experience it through your eyes! Take care and keep in touch. Love ya-shonna
Lauren!
Ahh this is so exciting! I'm sorry about your stinky plane friend and your luggage! This is going to be such an amazing trip. I can't wait to hear more stories! Catch up on sleep! Miss and love you!
Love,
Megan
How great that you arrived safely! What teachers are there with ya'll this semester? We are praying that they find your luggage...can't wait to read more exciting stories from all of your travels!!! Have a blast!!
Hey girl! You made it safely there. I know you are going to love it. Loved the comment about the stinky friend! LOL. I am praying that you get your suitcase soon...at least you have one of them...love ya!
I love this blog thing!!! I'll probably talk to you more through facebook though. Only you could get stuck by a stinky...HA!!! I love you!!
Post a Comment