Pages

Saturday, January 12

Jr. High

Thursday and Friday of this past week, I had the "priviledge" to sub at Graham Jr. High. Thursday I subbed for Mrs. Neal's algebra class and Friday I subbed half a day for Mrs. Martin's English class - both of whom I had as teachers when I was in Junior High.
All I have to say is: 1. I'm SO SO SO glad I changed my major because teaching is NOT for me.
2. I'm even more thankful that I'm not IN Jr. High - being around those kids for 1 and a half days brought back a lot of memories, mostly good. However, it seems like things have changed around there. Students, and mainly girls I might add, are soooo mean to each other. For instance, as one slightly overweight girl left the classroom to get a drink, one of her friends yelled, "EARTHQUAKE!!" I could not believe it!! This was one of her friends that she had just be talking and laughing with. How sad is that?
On a brighter note, it was fun to go back to that campus and see how things had changed (and how some things hadn't lol). I also got to have kids in my class that I've grown up with at church and through family friends, including Bonni Peeks, who is in the picture below. I have known her forever...well i mean, I was at the hospital when she was born. It is so crazy to think she is in 8th grade already (not to mention, taller than me!). I was glad I got to see her play bball a little before I left for Greece. I'm not sure how many points she scored total since I only made it for the second half of the game, but I did see her jack a 3 pointer, which was awesome!

I call her "mini me" haha

too precious to leave out...it is sad that the dog is treated like a baby. (all my parents doing...probably has something to do with "empty nest syndrome") haha!

No comments: