Pages

Monday, March 3

19.5

How far along:  19 and a half weeks! I can't believe we are almost half way to meeting our baby boy.  I cannot wait, and yet, I want to savor every moment of this experience!

Size of baby:  According to my What to Expect app, baby is the size of a mango.  He is about 6 in long and .5 lbs.  We got to hear his precious heartbeat today (145bpm) and it was just as wonderful as the first time!

Total weight gain:  7 lbs!  I'm actually a little excited about this because for the longest time I hadn't gained anything and I was beginning to get concerned.  (Me, worry?  Never.)

Gender:  BOY!

Movement:  I definitely felt him kick a week ago while I was waiting at the tire place while my car was getting worked on.  I had my hand resting on my stomach and he kicked right where my hand was!  Devin was able to feel him kick (barely) the next day.  Since then, he has been kicking randomly and I love it!

Sleep:  I wake up at least twice a night to pee, and every time I come back to bed, baby daddy has stolen the body pillow.

What I miss:  Sushi and a really tough workout.  It's getting more and more difficult to demonstrate activities in my class.  For example, we just got done with our jump rope unit and I had refrain from showing off my skillz.

Cravings: A Ciabatta bread and banana peppers combo was my first true craving.  And it was delicious!

Symptoms:  Occasional heartburn and a never empty bladder.

Maternity clothes:  Luckily, my work clothes consist of a lot of elastic waistbands and t-shirts.  I was able to wait for a long time before purchasing any maternity clothes.  However, now that I have a few maternity things, I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to normal clothes.

Best moments this week:  Hearing his heartbeat, feeling his little kicks, and being able to use gender specific pronouns

He said what?!  (this segment reserved for some of the lovely and hilarious things that come out of Devin's mouth throughout this new process):  While we were eating lunch with friends on Sunday, Devin announced that he wanted to attach a baby cam onto the baby's forehead so that he could see what it was like entering the world.  He was quickly told that that's not quite how a baby is born (forehead first, that is).



No comments: