Pages

Monday, June 17

He's better than me

Warning: Spousal Bragging Post

Confession:  I am one of those people whose phone is attached to their hand at all times.  In fact, I can only think of one time in the last year or so that I purposefully left home without it.  Sure, I can reason with myself that I need it for safety and emergencies.  But when I am honest with myself, I know that it's nothing more than an addiction. 

A facebook-checking, twitter-tweeting, instagram-browsing, pinterest-pinning, email-writing addiction.

Are these things necessary?  No.
Well, a few school or job related emails certainly could be, but usually no.

Devin, on the other hand, could go days without those silly apps.  He is simply not dependent upon social media.  More than once, people have gotten hurt or offended because he never responded or liked something.  That's just silly!  He rarely checks messages and notifications, and if he ever actually does, it's because I told him there is a cute picture of Grace he should look at or an interesting article he should read. 

It's one of the many reasons why I love him.  He is a great spiritual leader for us and this is just one way he shows it in the 21st century.  From the day we said "I do," we agreed that our main goal was to get each other to heaven, and I'm so thankful he continually works hard to accomplish that goal. 

No comments: