This weekend Devin and I made the trip down to Millican, TX for Kelley and Andrew's wedding. We left Thursday evening and spent the night with my cousin Jenny and her husband Chase in Dallas. It was nice to break up the drive since Millican is in south Texas. My parents met up with us and we all rode down to College Station together. The hotel we stayed in was in CS, which is only 15 minutes away from the venue. Apparently Millican is barely just a dot on the map. We got there around 2 on Friday so we were able to help set up decorations for the reception. The venue, Bob Moore Ranch on the Brazos, was perfect for a cute country wedding so there was lots of burlap with cream colored accents.
Devin and I with the bride and groom at the rehearsal
The beautiful bride and her precious daddy
I just love this guy! I am so glad he was able to be my wedding date.
It was wonderful to see Sarah and Nikki at the wedding. It had been too long since we had seen each other. Sarah lives in Hawaii with her husband, and Nikki and her husband are expecting a baby in November!
I am so blessed and thankful to have been apart of her wedding. Kelley and I have been friends for longer than I can remember. Our first memories include riding the bus over to Junior High after school, which is where our moms worked. We would roam the halls and ask for "work" from other teachers to see if we could earn 50 cents to buy a coke. There were many weekend sleepovers that included making up dances to Savage Garden and NSYNC, talking about boys, and making fun of Richard Simmons in Sweating to the Oldies. In Junior High and High School, we played sports together and had pretty much every class together. You'd think we would have gotten sick of each other, but that was never the case. We spent our college years apart, Me at Harding and Kelley at Texas A&M. We made new friends and found our future husbands, and even though we weren't able to see each other as much as I would have liked, we were always able to pick up where we left off. God has blessed me in so many ways through our friendship, and I'm so glad that she has found Andrew. I pray God blesses them both richly!
No comments:
Post a Comment