Pages

Thursday, May 16

May

You may have noticed from my super recent post (I kid, I kid) that Devin was hired on as full time in the admissions office at Harding University!!!!  I am SO PROUD of him.  He has worked so incredibly hard the last 6 months and it shows.  He is good at what he does and he loves it.  This job has been a blessing - one of the many ways God has provided for us here in Arkansas.

At the end of April, I was asked to be a long term substitute for a fourth grade classroom.  It has been so nice to have a steady "job" for the last few weeks.  The class itself is a bit of a challenge (i.e. I have activity teachers tell me they dread my class all week) but I am thankful, nonetheless.

We made it through our second Mother's day without Meg.  We picked out some beautiful purple and white flowers in her memory and as a tradition, wore purple to church.  Devin is so strong - His mother meant so much to him and he has overcome so many fears since her death.  She completely understood him like no one else in his family does.  Some people, when faced with trials and tragedy, react in ways that don't make sense.  But Devin?  He has only gotten stronger in his faith.  Yes, there have been times of anger and doubt, but he always goes back to the Word and to his faith.

Mother's day is difficult for me.  Not in a "woe is me" kind of way, but just that it is a thin line to walk.  I want to shout to the world how truly amazing my mom is and how blessed I am to have her in my life.  Because it is so true.
But there is the other side of it where I feel like I'm just twisting the knife of grief into my husband.  I made sure to call my mom before he woke up so he wouldn't have to hear that conversation.  We sent her cards in the mail so that it wasn't a big production (although she deserves the biggest).  My mom is understanding beyond words and would rather us do nothing at all just to not cause any more pain for Dev.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with all this...I guess I just needed to get my thoughts out there.  To say that our hearts equally celebrated and ached this past Mother's day.  I believe that God blessed me with the most amazing mother AND the most amazing mother-in-law.  I don't know anyone who can say that.

Two women in my life that resound Proverbs 31; one on earth and one in heaven.

No comments: