Pages

Friday, February 3

my first blizzard

It began snowing around 6 pm last night...
and has yet to let up.
It is rumored (I say rumored because I have heard many numbers) that we have gotten at least 18 inches of snow so far.  It is beautiful and perfect.  A field of snow a foot and a half high that hasn't been run through is just so pleasing to the type A's eyes. 
I wasn't able to go to work today (lots of snow + high winds + morning traffic + working in the mountains = SNOW DAY).  I would like to say that I used my day trapped at home wisely and got lots of housework and organizing and cleaning done. But I can't :)
I treated today as it was...a snow day.  I ate a blueberry waffle for breakfast, which is a treat compared to my usual "pour some dry cereal in a ziplock and eat it in the car" routine.  I watched one of my fav shows, One Tree Hill, which is something I could always go for.  Then (once I figured out how) turned to Kinect on and played Just Dance 3.  To keep with the dancing theme, I came across some old cheerleading music and thought I'd test my memory.  Surprisingly, I remembered more than I thought I would.  Oh, the glory days...
By the time Devin got home at 4:30 (he wasn 't so lucky and still had to go to work), I was about to go stir-CA-RA-ZAY and all he wanted to do was stay inside.  We compromised by chilling at home for awhile, then venturing out to Olive Garden, which is so convienently not that far away, to use a giftcard we got for Christmas.
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful (and safe, which is most important) first blizzard.

2 comments:

Meag said...

lauren. you know on snow days we eat waffles... or was it pancakes? i dont really remember now. i think it was pancakes. did you do that native american dance one? or is that a different game? i am clearly too sleepy to be leaving a comment right now.

Lauren Stewart said...

Yes! It was pancakes..makes me sad that I had forgotten about it. I believe the native american song you are talking about is on Just Dance 2. However, Apache (Jump on it) is on Just Dance 3, and it is a native american dance as well. Naturally, it's my favorite so far.