Pages

Tuesday, January 31

Flying

Do you ever think about how blessed we are to live in the 21st century? Mostly, I get discouraged by how much corruption and evil there is in the world. The thought of possibly bringing children into this world is more than scary. I can't protect their eyes and their hearts from all the icky things that this world says are "good" and "fun" and "normal".

But every now and then, I am so incredibly grateful that I was born in 1988. Technology has provided many opportunities to stay in touch with friends and family. For instance, let's consider flying. Even though it has been around for awhile, in the span of the entire earth since the beginning of time, it is a pretty new form of transportation. In the last few years, I have flown to visit family in Texas and Nashville. I have traveled to Europe, Africa, and Asia with 40 other college students to walk in the footsteps of Jesus, Paul, and many others from the bible. I have been able to quickly comfort those who are hurting, like flying to Denver to surprise my sweet MIL after she found out she had pancreatic cancer. Just a few short months later, I was able to join my family in Texas while we celebrated the life of an amazing man, my D-dad. Most recently, flying has been a saving grace. It has been very difficult to be so far from my friends and family but Devin and I were able to fly to Nashville to spend Christmas with my family, which meant the world to me.

And today.
Today I get to meet the newest member of our family, Grace Levis Casey. My precious little niece was born on January 28th, this past Saturday, and I could not be more excited or proud. I'm sure my family is sick of me because I am constantly pestering them for photos and videos of Grace, but I can't help it! She is a true blessing from heaven and I CANNOT wait to meet her in a few hours.

So after thinking about the good that can come from living in this time period, I think I'll stop worrying and complaining about all the bad of this world. I've learned that God can use anything and everything to bless you or so you can bless someone else.



1 comment:

Abbie said...

You're in the exact decade He wants you to be! :) And flying- yeah, you're going 500 mph, it's -77 degrees because you're so high, and you feel like you're sitting still the entire time, and you would be comfortable even in shorts!! Weirdest thing out there.