Pages

Thursday, July 7

july

So far, fundraising for the race has gone pretty well.  I'm 26% of the way to my goal of $1,250.  I got in my training and race shirt, as well as an information packet.  Turns out, I will actually be running right by the Dermatologist's office where Meg worked around mile 5!  That is perfect because it will be a great place for Devin to hang out, and I will know to look for him there.  Plus, it's at a great distance in the race...When you see family/friends, it's a huge burst of energy so getting to see them at mile 5 and then again at mile 10 (only a block away from the office) will keep me going strong until the end.  If you would like to donate to the ACS Determination team to help fight cancer, click here.  On the right side of the webpage, click on the red donate button.

Meg had her second round of chemo yesterday and they did 75% of the strength of the first chemo she had.  She is doing okay today but we are praying that she will recover faster this time.  If you would like to keep up with her journey, go to her Caringbridge page here.  Please keep her in your prayers as she is going through this awful process to get better.  She is still losing weight and that is a main concern right now so pray that she can eat without pain and that her body will absorb the nutrition.

The month of July has been all about wedding planning.  I get caught up in the details and decisions and end up getting so stressed out.  Plus, the thought of moving to Colorado in less than a month is putting me into panic mode.  Not that I don't want to be closer to Devin's family right now, and not that I hate Colorado because I don't, but it is just so far.  Sooooo far, and it means I will be a grown up on my own.  That's scary.


2 comments:

Mom said...

I love you!!

Courtney W said...

Hey girlie!! First off - your blog is soo cute! Just like you! :) Second - I know that you know that with God all things are possible and when big, scary, and wide open doors present themselves remember they are wonderful, loving, exciting adventures! I can relate to you on your stress, but chocolate helps a lot! If you don't like chocolate........prayer is always good!! HAHA ok...chocolate is second ;)