Pages

Thursday, February 10

Blogger Award

My day (which was pretty bleh for awhile) was made today!
Cara Linn picked me for a blogger award!  It is my very first one and I am so honored and excited.  Cara and I met through our club Delta Gamma Rho.  I was a member, and the semester Cara Linn pledged, we were in a horribly boring first aid class together.  I specifically remember thinking that this is a girl I want in my club and want to be friends with because I know she isn't a fake person.  Whether it was at mixers or in class, Cara Linn was such a bright, bubbly person.  I tend to be shy and she always made a point to talk to me and include me in class.  We are both in the same stage of life (about to get married, moving into the real world, etc) except she is a bit ahead of me (her wedding is in June and mine is in October) so I have enjoyed and look forward to getting advice from her.


So here are the conditions of this little blog honor:

1. Link back and thank the fabulous person who bestowed the amazing award on you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 7 other deserving and great bloggers
4. Contact the awarded bloggers to  let them know of their award!


So here are the lovely seven blogs that I have picked:


Seven things about me:

1.  I have had a hard time thinking of seven things to put about me.  Like seriously, I started this post two days ago, and have yet to come up with much.  So that is number one.  My mind is purely logical and rational.  Not an ounce creativity.  My fiance?  Exact opposite.  It can be frustrating at times, him being in la-la land and me being a nazi about everything, but we usually find common ground. 

2.  I want to go back to Greece.  If it weren't for students loans, I truly think Devin and I would move there for a year or so and help the church in Athens that we attended while studying abroad.  I like the idea that when we get married, we have no obligations.  We could live absolutely anywhere, as long as we have jobs.  On the other hand, I want to be near my family.  I would love to live in Texas.  And I'm pretty sure Devin would want to be near his family, too.  I am required to go to an education job fair this Monday evening (ya, Valentine's day) so maybe I will get a job offer somewhere and that will be the place for us.  The planner in me is having a hard time giving up my future for God to plan.  Ya, like He has to wait for me to give it up.  lol Silly me.

3.  We might be getting a violinist to play during our wedding.  I keep thinking of hearing the sound of a solo violin playing the traditional wedding march and I get chills.  The chapel accoustics will be amazing and I think it will sound so dramatic and romantic.  I've never been one to stick to the traditional wedding song but I do think that on a violin it could be beautiful.

4.  I am so thankful for DVR.  Seriously, it is great.  I like that when I want to watch TV, I can go to what is recorded of shows that I like and pick something, rather than searching through the channels and having to watch something that I don't particularly like.  Lately, I have become obessed with Gilmore Girls.  Everyday, 4 o' clock.  Except when I am not home to watch it, I know that I can watch it later AND without commercials.
 
5.  Today, February 10, is my wonderful dad's birthday!  He is 51 today, along with his twin Timmy, and I am so sad I'm not home to celebrate with my family.  I have never met anyone who works as hard as he does and I am so proud of him.  Like seriously people, from 8 am to usually 8 pm, and sometimes even midnight, he will go to people's houses and fix their appliances.  Right before holidays and in the middle of the night, he will always help people with their appliance emergencies...he is way too nice to tell anyone no.  I just love that about him, always helping others and serving them just like Christ.  I am thankful for the example that he has given me.
 
6.  I love having long hair.  I love it.  I appreciate it so much more, knowing that it took me two years to grow it out - thanks to LJ :).  But...I also love having short hair.  I know, I would be crazy to cut my hair before the wedding, which is why I'm not going to.  However, Devin knows that there is a good chance that I will be chopping my hair off and donating to locks of love shortly after the "I dos".  
 
7.  At one point in my life, I thought manicures and pedicures were flat out stupid and a complete waste of money.  Now that I have learned to not tear my nails apart, I really love manis and pedis.  It's like a massage for your hands and feet, and the added bonus is that they look adorable at the end of the process.  So, if you ever just feel the need to pamper me, I would gladly accept a certificate for a mani, pedi, or massage.
 
I'm going to go enjoy the snow now.  Have a wonderful day! 

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Wow, fun! Thank you!! I just love that you read my blog. It makes me feel important! :)