Pages

Monday, December 6

Thanksgiving Break

Devin and I spent all of Thanksgiving break (10 days) in my hometown.  Don't worry, I will be spending two weeks over Christmas break with his family.  We keep it fair.  On our way to a 5A football game at the Cowboy stadium, we got to stop by and see the chapel where we will be getting married!  I have more pictures but I didn't want to give it all away...this is just a sneak peak.  I absolutely LOVE it and Devin, well..he didn't throw up so that basically means he loves it too.

We got to watch Allen High School (metroplex school with a band so big they need 18 school buses to transport them) play against Trinity High School.  Devin did pretty good...

because he brought along his own entertainment.  Yes, he is crocheting at a football game.  Just the fact that this will be Tommy Casey's son-in-law makes me giggle.

On Monday, Devin and I went up to my mom's school to help out with an art activity.  He fit in right along with those kids...

Tuesday night, Avery, Erica, Charlie, and Lucy all surprised us by showing up on the front door step!  We weren't expecting them until Wednesday afternoon so we were all stoked!  This is when Lucy met Devin...

Dev and Charlie

Mikah loving her bath--poor thing.

Mimi got each grandkid (minus jake bc he wasn't there) and their significant other a lego set and we had a competition to see who could build their set the fastest.

We ended up leaving the competition early to run an errand with my dad so Devin decided to finish our fire rescue lego set Thanksgiving morning.

Making the famous "Joy's Rolls"--they were yummy, if I do say so myself!

D-dad and Mikah--best buds.
I love this picture.  D-dad is in the later stages of Alzheimer's so he didn't really know who we were, which can absolutely break your heart.  It is a horrible, horrible disease and I hope and pray that I am alive when they find a cure.  Till then, I'm praying, and I'm praying hard.

For some reason, Mikah did NOT like Lucy and Charlie.  She wanted nothing to do with them.  Mikah is generally a friendly pup so we just figure that it was the "two against one" thing that might have scared her.  Anyway, since Charlie and Lucy couldn't get on the furntiure, Mikah was often found like this.  No matter how uncomfortable and no matter how small the size of space, she would much rather be up there than on the floor with those puppies.

We our finished Lego set--Not too shabby!

Gotta love Mimi and her choice of festive plates and napkins (still Thanksgiving, mind you)

Devin, along with my mom and Erica, put together this Texas star puzzle.  He is so proud!

Excited for Black Friday shopping!

Not a family function without going bowling

Me and my little puppy :)

cheeeeeeseeee.

My family - Counting my blessings!
-please note mikah giving lucy the death stare.

Overall, it was an AWESOME break and I am so thankful!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Loved this entry! I'm so glad you were here all week! I soooo enjoyed having everyone here!