Remember that one post, not too long ago, when I said I'm ready for new challenges?!
Well, little did I know that I would find one so quickly.
The good thing is that it requires zero training AND its for a GREAT cause!
The challenge?
It's called the Polar Plunge.
It is at a reservoir in Boulder, CO and basically they cut a hole out of the iced over lake and you just jump in!
I have never been one of those people to jump in the pool in April when the water is still cold so I can't even imagine what it is going to be like on January 1st in Colorado! It totally scares me but I'm still excited about it!
If you are interested in signing up for it OR if you would just like to be extra generous during this selfless season and give a donation to the Alzheimer's Association, click HERE.
I honestly cannot think of a better way to start 2011 than participating in an event that is fun, crazy, exhilarating, and beneficial. Hmmm maybe this could be the theme for 2011?
1 comment:
There is a Polar Bear Plunge every year in Little Rock for Special Olympics...it is SO MUCH FUN! Freezing...but fun! (I'm actually wearing the shirt for it now...it says "Freezin for a Reason". Haha)
Post a Comment