Pages

Thursday, September 30

Oh happy day!!

It's here!  It's here!!  October is here!!

I'm SO excited for tomorrow.  Like I have been waiting for October since...April.  I am just not a summer person.  I hate being hot and miserable.  It's just not fun to me.  I don't spend a lot of time outside either because I have fair skin and sunscreen is a pain.

My love for October (and Fall in general) began when I came to Harding.  See, in Texas, I was never really impressed with fall.  It was still pretty warm.  The leaves went from green straight to brown and shriveled.  The only thing I loved then about October was the time change.  I love it when it gets dark early. 
Arkansas is different.  It is so breathtakingly (is that a word?) beautiful.  The leaves turn to bright oranges and deep reds and they stay that way for quite awhile.  The mornings and evenings are in the low 60s/high 50s and the afternoons are sunny and in the 70s. 
October is also the start of the holiday season.  It just puts you in a good mood.  It's really the best.

Some exciting things I have to look forward to in October:
  • My mom is running her first 5k this Saturday!  Sadly, I can't be there to cheer her on, but I will be there in spirit.  I am so proud of her!
  • The corn maze is open and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be attending at some point.
  • I will be teaching my first pre-student teaching lesson in the middle of the month.  I'm a little nervous because I haven't decided what I want to teach yet.  It's 2nd grade PE--any ideas??
  • Kyodai's State Fair Function in Little Rock.  Great place to walk around, people watch (remember, we are in Arkansas), and watch the Demolition Derby.
  • FALL BREAK.  I'm so excited to go home for the weekend!  Filled with family (and a precious puppy), football, Bonni's volleyball game, and fellowship with friends.
  • Pledge week.  Nuff said.
I hope y'all are as excited about October as I am!  It will be wonderful!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm totally with you on the fall thing. I wonder if we're related...lol Can't wait for you to come home!!! Love you!!!