I remember my senior year of high school. Everything we did, whether it was the first day of school or the regional volleyball tournament, it was our "last". Last day to cheer at a football game, last pep rally, last winter break (not the Christmas one people - yes, we got another break in February), literally last everything. And it was heartbreaking. To know that I would never in my life do those things, be with those people, and feel those thrills ever again was scary.
But through time, I got over it. In college, there were many new friends, adventures (GREECE), and activities.
Just like everything else in life, this is a cycle. I realized yesterday that this was my last time to move in somewhere for college. It's weird enough not living on campus. This is my last year with some pretty incredible people, then we will be all over the world. I'm old enough for best friend weddings and many comments like "you're next" and "Is there a ring yet?" - It's so unreal.
It is so scary to grow up. But in the process of moving in, I have felt relief and comfort and even joy. I know I can do this "real world" thing. Slowly, but surely. I look forward to days of marriage and family, Lord willing. And I am thankful for all of the incredible memories I have up to this point. I am blessed.
1 comment:
Yes, you can do this "real world" thing. With God, all things are possible! You are amazing! Don't sell yourself too short. I love you!!
Post a Comment