Pages

Wednesday, July 9

More Jerusalem!

To continue Jerusalem pictures that I never finished posting, here they come!!!
I guess weapons are popular there? Okay, but seriously, the media makes everything look much worse because I never once felt in danger or unsafe in any way. (besides the one time in Jordan that we thought we were being bombed but it was fireworks. lol)
Dead Sea Scrolls Museum. Captain told us that in case of a nuclear bomb, this building sinks into the ground. He lied.
A model of Old city Jerusalem
Jerusalem Market! It was super busy because everyone was getting prepared for Shabbat.
Jersey Friday in Jerusalem!
Western Wall on Friday night (before Shabbat)
Dome of the Rock


Graves on the Mount of Olives, all facing the Dome of the Rock

My favorite spot - The Garden of Gethsemane
Something tells me that when Christ was praying here, the mood/atmosphere was much different. We were given time to have our own quiet time in the Garden...there were birds chirping, flowers beautifully blooming, and I even saw a turtle wander by. It was so crazy to think that in this very garden, Jesus talked to God and said, "Your will be done," saving us from all of our sin. PRAISE GOD!
More of the Garden
A tree in the garden
The next few pictures were taken when we walked down the Via Dolorosa.





The room where the Last Supper might have taken place.





2 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow. When I saw the pictures of the garden, I got chills all over. That is so beautiful. I want to go there and walk where Jesus walked. That must have been amazing.

Anonymous said...

I totally believed captain about the bomb thing.