Pages

Monday, June 2

Dude, Where's My Car?!?!

Since Saturday, I have been house sitting for the Andrews. Everything has been going great! Jetta, the black lab, is so precious and very well trained, and the cats are friendly. Basically, it has been a smooth ride.......until tonight. When I got back from running, I realized that one of the vehicles was MISSING. YES! Like, not there at all! I ran inside to call Randy's parents and see if perhaps they borrowed it or know of someone who was picking it up. No such luck. So, of course, I'm freaking out! My job is to make everything is good while they are away and I'm pretty sure a missing car is a big deal!!! They (Randy's parents) gave me the number of the resort and after 2 long hours of calling friends, family, and operators, I got ahold of Randy. He informed me that the car was suppose to be picked up to have the brakes fixed.....BIG sigh of relief!!! So much worrying for nothing! How silly to think I freaked out like that.

Jake Walker, cousin and best friend, graduated on Friday. Wow, I thought I felt old when I graduated but gosh! Now I'm TWENTY (ew) and Jake is going to COLLEGE next year!!!! AHH! That kid is important to me and it will be hard being 10 hours away. However, He will be playing football at ACU so that gives me plenty of reason to take road trips to Abilene to cheer him on.

Summer is starting....enjoy everyday as its own. Rejoice in the Lord because He made each day bright and beautiful!

2 comments:

Shana said...

How how scary! What a great job....house sitting for the Andrews! Easton spent most of the summer in their pool last year!

Hope to see you soon!

Ashton said...

That would have been a good thing to tell you beforehand..haha..what a scare! Reminds me of the time we had house-setters for our house and my dad decided to come back and retrieve something from our house without telling them. The electricity was out that night and so dad was going around with a flashlight. The people drove back up and freaked out-- and a big mess ensued. Haha!