Pages
Tuesday, March 11
Light the Fire
So the power went out again, but it was at night this time. Lots of people were studying for a music apprec. test and a few of us were outside playing volleyball and the power just shut off...we tried to keep playing but after we got in the face a few times, I figured we should probably go inside. Thats when the ghost stories began...Kyle told some, Sneaks told some, nathan and Bethany told some, and I was fine. I get scared really easy but I was doing really good. Then Bobby, bless his little heart, told a story that happen HERE a few weeks ago. It was about doors opening and shutting on their own w/ knocking sounds in the middle of the night. SCARED me because my roommate Dani is usually the first one to go to bed and I have to turn the last light off...this scares me enough as it is. Now I have to think about this business...I think I'll be sleeping with Lacey tonight (plus we have to pull an all nighter for a bible test - we got the review at 6:15 pm and we are taking it tomorrow morning - thanks griff). Okay, anywho, after the stories we turned off the flashlights and started singing songs. Two really awesome things happened: 1. We sang "Blessed Be your Name" and even though it isn't suppose to be taken literally, it was really cool to sing "when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say, Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your glorious name!" 2. We began singing Light the fire, and I'm not kidding you, as soon as we began the chorus with "light the fire", the power came back on!!! God is so amazing like that!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So I definitly had the same thoughts about "Blessed be your name" and I almost cried when the power came back during Light the Fire! God is good!
First, tell Bobby he'll have to answer to your momma if he scares my baby again! lol Why don't you try actually going to bed earlier??? Just a thought...
Second, God does work in mysterious ways. He can really get you to thinking!!!
Third, PLEASE try and get rest before the test...remember...eat fruit, drink water, and exercise!!!
I love you!!!!
1. apparently i'm five because i got really scared last night and couldn't sleep.
2. did i really just study for that long for that ridiculous test that makes really angry for way too many reasons?
3. i mean REALLY?
4. singing was def. cool, my fav part. masada ending was horrible.
Post a Comment