Pages

Sunday, December 30

ChRiStMaS ExTrAvAgAnZa!!!

After waiting three or so LONG months, Kelcy (my roommate, AKA Evelyn) and I finally had our first Christmas Extravaganza!!! You might say to yourself, "What in the world is Christmas Extravaganza?!" Well back in September or October, we came up with the brilliant plan to go to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags during Christmas break, knowing it would be a "last hoorah" before we were serparated for a whole semester. We also decided (because I couldn't talk her into tattoos) to buy necklaces to wear that reminded us of our friendship while we were away (its a corny idea, I know, but like most of the time, we were WAY hyper when we thought of it).
SO this past Thursday, I drove to Arlington to meet up w/ Kelc and that night we went to the H.S. lock in at Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ (a perk of being one of the youth minister's daughters). It was a blast!!! We bowled, played tons of arcade games (which I hadn't done in FOREVER), played lazor tag, more games, broomball in the mall at 3 am, and then breakfast at Shipleys doughtnuts at 5. Since we had stayed up all night, we decided that we couldn't make it through the day at Six Flags w/o a little sleep. We made it to the park around 1 or so, rode 4 or 5 rides, watched a show, and realized we were totally beat by 5pm. To us, there was no harm in leaving already because we had actually gotten free tickets from a friend (thanks Al!). Then we ate dinner at the most amazing place ever, Olive Garden of course, and searched the mall til we found the perfect necklaces.

I have been truly blessed this past semester and God has shown me that many, many times. In a way, I was hesitant in the summer about how the semester would play out...I was going to be rooming with a girl I didn't really know, I was single for the first time in a very long time, I was beginning classes for a new major, and my brother had just gotten married so I knew I had to get used to someone else being around (not that I dont love Erica, because I absolutely do...I just thought it would be awkward for awhile). However, all my stressing and worrying about the semester proved to be fruitless, as always: I LOVED all my Kinesiology classes and I was actually excited about learning again. I was able to spend time with Avery and Erica over dinners and church, plus they let me do my laundry for free at their apartment! In my singleness, I was able to focus on finding true, Christian friends, which was something I realized I needed. I'm so fortunate that God put those ChiO girls in my life to hold me accountable and encourage me and be there in times of crisis (lol to those girls, you know what I mean). I dont know if there was ever a time that I didn't laugh when we were together. We created so many great memories this semester and I'm so thankful for each and every one! And for my roomie, I dont know what I'd do without her! We are pretty much complete and total opposites, which is why I think we work so well together. She is always filled with crazy ideas and says some pretty crazy things, but she has a heart for God, one that I would be lucky to have. She has a passion and a fire that I haven't seen in many people! Whether she knows it or not, she has been an amazing role model so far and I can't wait to see the great things she will do for God in her life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just when I think I have God figured out, he continues to blow me away. I had some mixed feelings about this last semester too, and look all the amazing things that happened! I had no idea that I was finally going to find my "group" and be blessed by the most amazing girls at harding. I'm so glad I've gotten to know you too and you have no idea how glad I am that we're going to greece together!!! you're such an awesome person and I can't wait to make more fun memories together! I love you!!